Family

Family

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Evie is Three!!!!

Evie's Ice Cream Parlor

We have a three year old!!! What!?!? So this was the BEST party yet. She was so excited about inviting her friends to celebrate with her, although, I'm not sure she realized what we were celebrating. We made the mistake of telling Evelyn about her party the week before, so all week she kept asking if today was the day she could eat her ice cream. I guess this built up the anticipation for the big day. I had to try not to get carried away with party planning, this is just WAY too fun for me. My sweet friend let me borrow her Cricut which may have been a mistake, I added at least three more projects after I learned how to use this amazing machine! We decided on an Ice cream theme this year.


This may be the last party I get a say in as far as theme goes and she may be my only girl we have so I ran with the pastel parlor.


DIY ice cream cones! LOVE
 Here is the link to DIY ice cream cones. Pretty easy and soooooo cute.

So this was the original reason I borrowed the Cricut.

This is still hanging in our dining room. :)

Mom (Lady) sent ice cream dishes made out of dish towels to use as decor, which went perfectly!


I had planned on making the chocolate ganache but I ended up doing an almond bark topping because it was faster.


So these were our party favors for the kids. Jama and I each had a bowl growing up (which we still have) and I couldn't believe they still sell them!


PAPER GARLAND!!! Why have I planned so many parties and never made paper garland.  (The actual Ice cream is missing from the center of the table... didn't want a melting situation)
 This is where I found instructions but the possibilities are endless for your garland. Paper Garland DIY

So that's party preparation, and then all that was left to do was party!!!
I love Steve's face in this one:)


Evie stayed close to Grandpa George!






Notice the carpet:) I made cones out of poster board and had the kids catch the balloons "ice cream scoops" in their cone.






Evelyn's best gift! Grandma Evelyn and Grandpa George came to the party on their way to Penn from Florida.



Evelyn also got to experience her first circus.




We finished our Weekend Birthday Celebration with pancakes for dinner. Daddy had some help.

We really enjoy celebrating our children's birthday's. We are sooooo thankful that God has allowed us the privilege of being the parents to all 3 of our kiddos. Stephen and I especially enjoyed taking Evelyn out while the boys stayed with a sweet friend so we could give her our undivided attention. Three very sweet years, so much has happened. She has acquired two little brothers in those three short years and mastered the art of big sister. Happy birthday beautiful lady! We love you.:)


1 comment: